Security and Fire Alarm Registration & Information
- False alarms from home security systems have become a growing problem in Coral Springs, costing the City more than a half-million dollars in service time last year alone. A new false alarm policy has been implemented.
- Among the provisions of the new policy, which goes into effect January 1, 2000, are increased fines and an optional alarm school for repeat offenders. The fines can go as high as $200 per false alarm after fifth incident within one year.
- To reduce the possibility of false alarms, learn how to correctly operate and maintain your home security system.
- False Alarms take police and firefighters away from real emergencies.
- False Alarms can lead neighbors to ignore your alarm when it goes off.
- False Alarms make your security system less reliable and credible.
- False Alarms can cost you money! The City of Coral Springs assesses fines for excessive false alarms