To preserve the City’s strong financial condition by creating a responsible financial strategy, effectively managing the City’s resources, and providing analysis and recommendations that ensure optimal economic outcomes.
Core Processes and Outputs
- Provide financial policy, cash management, debt
management, accounting, payroll, accounts payable,
purchasing, central stores, budget, risk management, and
utility billing for the City.
- Produce the City’s Comprehensive Annual Financial
- Process over 12,000 accounts payable checks and prepare
over 26,000 payroll checks.
- Reconcile and track over 50 different funds.
- Process over 3,000 purchase orders.
- Purchase over $32 million in goods and services.
- Monitor the budget through monthly financial reports.
- Administer City’s risk management policies.
- Refinance and restructure City’s outstanding debt.
- Monitor City’s financial condition and provide financial
strategies to ensure fiscal solvency.
- Maintain all water and wastewater customer accounts.
- Process over 146,000 utility bills including standby.
- Administer and maintain City’s General Insurance Fund for
workers’ compensation, general, professional, vehicle
liability and property insurance.
The General Insurance Fund provides general,
professional, vehicle liability, workers’ compensation
and property insurance. As such, this unit is essential
to the proper protection of the City’s assets. Its primary
function is analyzing exposures and taking an active role in
administering a quasi/self-insurance program. This involves
the assumption of risk to commercial insurance carriers,
whenever and wherever beneficial.
- Procure insurance coverages.
- Review and respond to all claims and administer
assistance to the City Attorney’s Office regarding claims
management and settlement.
- Receive and process all workers’ compensation claims.
- Coordinate and facilitate with Safety Program/Evaluation
Team meetings, reporting all incidents and accidents to
Note: Acrobat Reader is required to open and download pdf format files. Acrobat Reader is a free download and can be found here: Click to Download the latest version of Adobe Reader
City of Coral Springs
9551 West Sample Rd
Coral Springs, FL 33065
Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.