Programming must meet all Cable Franchise Agreements, F.C.C. Regulations, as well as applicable Federal, State and Local laws.
Click for info on the Federal Communications Commission Cable Television P. E.G. Facts
• Information or advertising concerning illegal lottery is prohibited.
• Programming must be noncommercial.
• Any program containing advertisements on behalf of a political candidate is prohibited. This does not preclude the production by CityTV of programming on such issues if all sides of the issue are presented, debated or discussed by the proponents/opponents.
• During election season, CityTV will not feature elected officials campaigning for election or re-election on any CityTV production other than televised public meetings. The election season is defined as the beginning of the "campaign" (qualification) period for the City Commission runs from the first Tuesday in January of election years and concludes with the election. In future years, the "campaign" period will commence in early September (1st Tuesday) and conclude on the second Tuesday in November.
• Any material that constitutes libel, slander, or pornography, or the use of obscene and indecent content, which might violate local, state, or federal laws, is strictly prohibited.
• Programming which advocates a particular religious belief or beliefs is restricted.
• External entities can promote their event on City TV if the event is not-for-profit and the City of Coral Springs is a sponsor.
Use of CITY TV production equipment shall be restricted to government access activities and only to designated City employees, volunteers, and/or interns under the supervision of the Communications & Marketing employees.
The City of Coral Springs Mission Statement, Core Values and Strategic Priorities