At the request of the City Commission, the City of Coral Springs' Parks and Recreation Department is allowing one playing field to be designated for open-play at both Mullins and North Community parks during regular evening hours. An open play field will be open as long as there are fields available. However, there is no guarantee that an open play field will be available every night. Each of the respective fields will be open for residents and guests to participate in pick-up style activities, with the remaining playing fields designated for organized team sports.
Open play rules include:
- Pick-up play only
- No team practices
- No organized games
- No goals, including cones, cans, etc.
- Limit of one hour if others are waiting to play
- Groups of 10 or less with permits have priority over open play
Mullins Park is located at 10000 NW 29 Street and North Community Park is located at 5601 Coral Springs Drive. Anyone requesting additional information is asked to call Parks and Recreation Department at 954-345-2200.
For park hours, please click here.
Policy for Open Play:
- One Field at Mullins Park (Normally MacElderry Field) and one Field at North Community Park(Normally Field #3) will remain available for Open Play if they are not permitted for use by City recognized sports groups.
- Lights will remain on until 11 pm if there are people on the fields.
- All other Fields will require a permit for lights.
- Groups of 22 or more participant, private businesses, organized groups and non-residents must pay the hourly rental rates for use of fields.
- Residents can permit the fields, fee's or no fee's will be determined based on the activity the field is being used for.
- You can call the Parks and Recreation Office at (954)345-2200 anytime during the week (7 days) from 8 am to 9 pm to request field availability and receive a permit.
Open Play is not allowed on a field that is already permitted out by another group or organization.