Our hiring practices
The Communications Unit serves the City of Coral Springs by processing both emergency and non-emergency service calls for police, fire and rescue. The unit was CALEA accredited in November 2007.
The center employs 37 highly trained communications professionals who use the latest technology to dispatch and track responding units. Service is provided 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. For emergencies, dial 9-1-1. For non-emergency service, call (954) 344-1800.
Some of the latest technology includes:
- Motorola 800 MHz Trunked Radio System
- Intrado Enhanced 911 System
- Sunguard/HTE Computer Aided Dispatch System
- Looking Glass Digital Mapping Including LCD Displays
- Automatic Vehicle Location
- HTE MDB Mobile Data Application
- Viking Acoustical Ergonomic Furniture
The Communications Unit is headed by Communications Administrator Joann Brown. She can be reached at (954) 346-1358, or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.