According to code 4-5 (b), it is illegal for any person who owns or has control of any animal to let the animal excrete on any area other than those designed for that purpose. It is also illegal for them to defecate on any private property not belonging to the owner of the animal.
Owners in charge of the animals can be fined up to $250 unless they have the tools to remove the waste immediately from these locations. Different fines relating to animal waste include:
- Animal excrement (except in City Parks), $125
- Excrement in City park, $75
- No tool for removal (pooper scoopers or plastic bags), $125
- No tool for removal in a City park, $75
- Inappropriate disposal, $75