The City is hosting a community forum titled “Helping Teens and Families Through Tough Times” on Tuesday, December 8 at 7 p.m. at Parkside Elementary. An esteemed group of panelists including psychologists, educators, clergy and recreation experts will speak about their various fields in an effort to provide positive, holistic solutions to dealing with today’s pressures.
Following short presentations from each of the panelists, attendees will be invited to ask questions of the panel. Materials about numerous community resources will also be available for families, and informational tables will be set up for attendees to meet one on one with experts.
· Richard Foss, Licensed Clinical Social Worker who has served Broward County teens and their families for more than 30 years and who currently works with the Broward Schools Family Counseling Center.
· Dr. John Adams, community psychologist and former Masters and Johnson Institute Clinical and Research Associate who specializes in the assessment and treatment of numerous psychological issues.
· Maria Schneider, Assistant State Attorney in charge of the Juvenile Division for the 17th Judicial Circuit of Florida who also teaches as an adjunct professor at Florida Atlantic University and Nova Southeastern University.
· Dr. Ron Mercer, community psychologist and co-director/co-owner of The Center for Creative Living, a private psychological practice in Coral Springs providing individual, couples, group and family psychotherapy, who has also authored three books.
· Elly Zanin, co-creator of the award-winning obesity prevention program Commit 2B Fit and former Physical Education Curriculum Specialist for Broward County Schools.
· Kari Murray, Media Communications Coordinator/ Instructor and lead member of the Ramblewood Middle School Prevention team, who has helped develop Broward County’s anti-bullying initiatives over the past two years.
· Pastor Terry Lee, director of Fusion Youth Ministries of the First United Methodist Church of Coral Springs, a 19-year veteran of youth ministry.
· Moderator Piero Falci is the Program Director of One Planet United, a humanitarian organization, and one of the creators of DAPA, a series of workshops designed to promote respectful human interaction.
Parkside Elementary is located at 10257 N.W. 29th St., across from Mullins Park. For more information, call 954-344-1063 or visit www.CoralSprings.org.