Coral Springs Police are investigating the severe burning of a 13-month old boy that occurred late yesterday evening.
At approximately 8:16pm police responded to the 11400blk of NW 35 Street in reference to a 13-month old boy that was burned by the oil in a deep fryer. Initial investigation shows that the mother of the 13-month old boy, Rosena Jeudy was frying chicken on the kitchen counter in a deep fryer when the 13-month old gabbed the electrical cord. As he pulled on the electrical cord it caused the deep fryer to spill hot oil on his body.
The 13-month old was air lifted to Broward General Medical Center in critical condition with burns over approximately 35% of his body. After being treated at Broward General Medical Center he was transported to Jackson Memorial Burn Center where he is listed in stable condition.
PIO Sergeant Joe McHugh 954-346-1274