Municipal Complex Updates

File a Police Report Online

Resurfacing

Beautification Award Program

eNews

What's Happening

Passport Services

CodeRed

09-04-2010 Fire Damages Home During Child's 2nd Birthday Party
 
            On Saturday September 4th, 2010 at 1:23 p.m., Coral Springs firefighters were called to the scene of a house at 962 NW 113th Way for a report of a BBQ grill fire. When fire crews arrived, they found moderate fire and smoke conditions in the rear of the house. The BBQ grill suffered a malfunction and caused a small explosion, spreading the fire throughout the grill area. 
            At the time of the fire, the family was hosting a birthday party for their two year old child. Fortunately, everyone attending the party was able to escape to the front of the home and wait for the fire crews to arrive.
During the explosion, the flames from the grill spread into the attic through a vent hole under the roof overhang. The fire laid dormant for some time while the firefighters dealt with the initial BBQ explosion and fire. Smoldering roof trusses and insulation caused another fire in the ceiling causing further and extensive damage. Firefighters were able to stop the progress of the fire before it engulfed the home.
            Coral Springs firefighters were able to save numerous presents from the party and even bring the cake out to awaiting family members. 

            Coral Springs Fire Investigators are contributing the fire to a leaking propane hose. Investigators are continuing to look at further contributing factors. No firefighters or civilian personnel were injured. The home suffered severe damage from the fire and firefighting efforts.

 
###
Posted:9/6/2010
Bookmark and Share