Each year, the City hosts mentor training to pair responsible adults with community youth during the school year. Mentors must commit one hour per week for the school year, and all sessions take place during school hours on Broward County school campuses.
“Our community needs you to mentor,” Mayor Scott Brook said. “Mentors can make a difference of a lifetime while having an unforgettable experience.”
Training dates at City Hall for the 2010-2011 school year are as follows:
- Wednesday, November 3 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the East Wing Conference Room.
- Wednesday, December 1 from 1 to 3 p.m. in the West Wing Conference Room.
- Tuesday, January 11 from 10 a.m. to noon in the West Wing Conference Room.
- Wednesday, February 2 from 1 to 3 p.m. in the West Wing Conference Room.
- Tuesday, March 8 from 10 a.m. to noon in the West Wing Conference Room.
Mentors must attend one of these sessions. City Hall is located at 9551 W. Sample Road. For more information, call 954-344-5907.