This class is open to all adults. Participants who successfully complete the course will be provided with a certificate for their auto insurance agency.
Please contact your insurance provider to see if completing this course would qualify you for a discount.
|2017 Schedule - 8:45 a.m. to 3 p.m.|
Class size is limited and reservations are required
- Participants must register in advance.
- No age requirement to take course, for possible insurance discount, participant must be at least 55 and over.
- Course $15.00 for AARP members and $20.00 for non-members.
- Please note that lunch will not be provided.
- Insurance Discount: Participants must be at least 55 or over and successfully complete the course will be provided with a certificate for their auto insurance agency. Most agencies will allow for a discount on auto insurance premiums for up to three years.
- Download Event Flyer
This course reviews the current rules of the road, defensive driving techniques, and how to operate a vehicle more safely. Participants will learn how to manage and accommodate common age-related changes in vision, hearing and reaction time.
In addition, participants will learn:
- How to minimize the effects of dangerous blind spots
- How to maintain the proper following distance behind another car
- The safest ways to change lanes and make turns at busy intersections
- Proper use of safety belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and new technologies used in cars
- Ways to monitor your own and others' driving skills and capabilities
- The effects of medications on driving
- The importance of eliminating distractions, such as eating, smoking, and cell-phone use
The class will be held at the
Coral Springs Public Safety Building,
2801 Coral Springs Drive.
For more information or to register, call 954-346-1393.