Current full-time emloyment as a Police Officer (minimum of two years as a Certified Officer).
In addition, all applicants must possess:
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college
Credits must be degree-seeking credis not attained as a result of Police
All candidates who qualify for the reduced 60-college credited requirement must sign a contract agreeing to complete their Bachelor’s Degree within 5 year of hire.
Applicants must meet the requirements outlined for Law Enforcement Officers
pursuant to Florida State Statutes and meet minimum standards as set for by the
Broward County Criminal Justice Institute and the City of Coral Springs. Must be at
least 21 years of age and a United States citizen.
Submit to and successfully complete the following:
1) Screening for minimum qualifications
2) Acceptable score on CJBAT (Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test)
3) Acceptable scored on the T.A.B.E. (if applying without a Bachelor’s Degree)
4) Successfully pass the Basic Motor Skills Test (Agility Test) and Swim Test
5) Formal interview
6) Computerized Voice Stress Analyst (CVSA)
7) Interview with Chief of Police
8) Psychological evaluation
9) Mandatory drug screening
11)Post-Offer Medical examination
12)Completion of 12-month probationary period
Possession of current valid Florida Driver's license and acceptable driving record required.
Hours/Days of Work: 40-hour workweek with flexible days and hour in accordance
with Department's operational requirements.