The City of Coral Springs will host an in-person celebration at Sportsplex Tom Messenheimer Field (2575 Sportsplex Drive) in honor of Juneteenth, Freedom Day; a day that symbolizes the abolition of slavery in the United States of America. The celebration will include messages of hope from community leaders, musical and step performances and a historic perspective about the significance of Juneteenth.
- International blues singer-songwriter, Kat Riggins
- The Valerie Tyson Band
- Spoken word by May Reign with visual artist Jaquale Rhule
- 681 Seafood & Southern Bites
- Batlass Island Cuisine
- Chewy Suz
- City Wings 305
- Granny BZ Chicken & Waffle
- Heart & Soul Foods
- Karmic Ice Cream
- Nuts About Sugar
- Reggae Beets
- Right Off The Bone
More Event Details
- Pod seating will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Each pod includes a table with four chairs.
- Parking is free
- Attendees are encouraged to bring their lawn chairs.
- Specialty foods will be available for purchase along with adult beverages.
Juneteenth marks the liberation of thousands of enslaved men, women and children of Galveston, Texas on June 19, 1865 – two and a half years after President Lincoln had already signed the Emancipation Proclamation.
Saturday, June 19, 2021 | 05:00 PM
- 09:00 PM
Sportsplex Tom Messenheimer Field, 2575 Sportsplex Drive, Coral Springs View Map