MSD Peer Support Event
- Date: 04/02/2019 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
11775 Heron Bay Blvd.
Coral Springs, Florida 33076
Mission of this event is "To provide outreach to the Parkland Marjory Stoneman Douglas (“MSD”) school community members—victims’ families, survivors and responders—from September 11th, Columbine, and Vegas communities focused on peer support and other means of healing by sharing our experiences. Few understand how a single mass shooting or terror attack can affect so many families and survivors on such a deep level physically, emotionally, financially and spiritually . It is our hope that our shared experience can bring hope, inspiration, and resilience to the MSD community so we can all collectively move forward with our lives despite the trauma we experienced"
Panelists for the event are:
- Fred Guttenberg, father of Jaime Guttenberg killed on 2/14/18 at MSD in Parkland, FL and brother of Michael Guttenberg, a fallen 9/11 first responder
- Heather Martin, Columbine shooting survivor and founder of the Rebels Project
- Barbara Poma, CEO and Executive Director of onePulse Foundation
- Jake Campbell, Son of Jill Maurer‐Campbell, 2 WTC, 78th floor killed on 9/11/01
- Edie Lutnick, Sister of Gary Lutnick, 1 WTC, 104th floor killed on 9/11/01 & President / CEO of the Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund
- Mike Dempsey, injured WTC survivor on 9/11/01 and Mandalay Bay survivor on 10/1/17
- Natalie Gutman, Israeli terrorist attack survivor, Strength to Strength
- Mary Fetchet, Mother of Bradley Fetchet, 2 WTC, 89th floor killed on 9/11/01 & co‐founder of Voices of September 11th
- Anthony Gardner SVP, Government & Community Affairs, National September 11 Memorial & Museum and brother of Harvey Joseph Gardner (1 WTC, 83rd Floor) killed on 9/11/01
- Following the Q&A panelists will meet and talk personally with attendees. Parkland Mayor Christine Hunschofsky will offer words of greeting to panelists and attendees.
- Opening prayer will be delivered by Las Vegas Fire and Rescue/911 chaplain Reverend Bill Minson who has been in Parkland praying for and encouraging families, students and first responders since last week.
- Parkland students, teachers, parents, Parkland/Coral Springs First Responders, their families and the Parkland community are all invited to attend this free healing event.