For cancellations and postponements the City will evaluate these events on a case-by-case basis and provide updates as they become available. Decisions are being made with the best intentions for the safety of our community. For more information, please go to: coralsprings.org/coronavirus.
- Date: 11/11/2019 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Location: Veterans Park
8601 Royal Palm Blvd.
Coral Springs, Florida 33065
Bring your family, friends and neighbors, and join us for the City's annual Veterans Day Ceremony at Veterans Park on Monday, November 11. Wear your patriotic colors and support those who served our country. The ceremony will include speeches by veterans and politicians, a 21-gun salute, placing of wreath and raising of the military and United States flags.
- Seating: 10:30 a.m.
- Call to Order: 10:45 a.m.
- Speaker: Lieutenant Colonel (retired) Kenneth Green, who is the School Board of Broward County Coordinator for Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps and Military Programs, and Director of Army Instruction.
- Singer: Julie Thompson - National Anthem
- Officiating: Ernie Kubasek, President of the Veterans Coalition of Coral Springs
What to Do with a Faded or Tattered U.S. Flags
Also, if you have any faded or tattered U.S. Flags, drop them off at the Retired Flag Box located outside the Coral Springs Gymnasium, 2501 Coral Springs Dr. The Veterans Coalition will be disposing the flags properly.
Veterans Park is located at 8601 Royal Palm Blvd., just east of University Drive. For more information, please call 954-345-2200.
Honoring a Loved One...
The Veterans Memorial Brick Program was conceived as a way to honor members of the Armed Forces, both living and dead. Anyone who has lost a loved one should consider purchasing a brick in their honor. If your loved ones are buried elsewhere, this is a great way to have a part of them memorialized locally. Veteran Brick Program