See a class or program you like? Sign-up today using our online registration.
Junior Tennis Classes (Ages 4 to 16)
- Divisions:Tennis Programs and Classes
- Phone:(954) 344-1840
All group classes run for one hour per week for four weeks with new sessions starting every five weeks. All classes require advance registration.
Fall Session: October 8 to November 3 (No class on October 3)
To register: visit the Tennis Center (2575 Sportsplex Dr, Coral Springs, FL 33065)
>>> All classes take place at the Cypress Park Tennis Center.
USPTA LITTLE TENNIS (ages 4-6)
Class designed to introduce tennis as a fun sport. Children learn forehands, backhands and volleys as well as scoring and parts of the court. Quickstart Format is used.
- Tuesdays • 4 to 5 p.m. • #29101A
- Wednesdays • 4 to 5 p.m. • #29101B
- Saturdays • 9 to 10 a.m.• #29101C
BEGINNER (ages 7-10 and 11-14)
Class designed to teach the proper techniques for forehands, backhands, serves and volleys. Students also learn rules, scoring and parts of court. Quickstart Format is used.
- Mondays (7–10 years) • 4 to 5 p.m.• #29103A
- Mondays (11–14 years) • 6 to 7 p.m. • #29103B
- Tuesdays (7–10 years) • 5 to 6 p.m.• #29103C
- Saturdays (7–10 years) • 10 to 11 a.m. • #29103D
- Saturdays (11–14 years) • 11 a.m. to noon • #29103E
BEGINNER II (ages 7-12)
Class is for students who have completed beginner class and demonstrates ability to hit forehands and/or backhands consistently. Students must also know all lines, parts of court and scoring. Recommendation by instructor is necessary to move to this class.
- Mondays • 5 to 6 p.m. • #29104A
- Thursdays • 4 to 5 p.m.• #29104B
- Saturdays • 11 a.m. to noon • #29104C
ADVANCED BEGINNER (ages 8-14)
For students who have learned the basic techniques and are beginning to judge the ball and sustain a rally from the baseline. Consistent use of the serve is emphasized.
- Tuesdays • 6 to 7 p.m. • #29105A
- Thursdays • 5 to 6 p.m.• #29105B
- Saturdays• noon to 1 p.m. • #29105C
INTERMEDIATE (ages 9-16)
Students should be playing full court tennis, serving consistently, and rallying with control of the direction of their shots. Last ½ hour of intermediate class will consist of match play.
- Wednesdays • 5 to 7 p.m. • #29107A
- Fridays • 5 to 7 p.m.• #29107B
Level 1: Advanced Training • Tennis Center
For the more serious student as well as the more advanced. Classes are two hours long and include skills, drills and match play. Players are
encouraged to play Junior Team Tennis and Grand Prix tournaments to test their skills. Students must be able to serve and rally consistently, keep score and understand basic doubles positions to enter this class.
- This training is offered one day ( $90) or two days ($160) • Wednesday, Friday • 5 to 7 p.m.
- Cypress Park Tennis Center • 954-345-2100• 1300 Coral Springs Drive between Royal Palm Boulevard and Atlantic Boulevard
- The Tennis Center of Coral Springs • 954-344-1840 • In the Sportsplex: Just east of the Sawgrass Expressway between Sample Road and Royal Palm Boulevard