See a class or program you like? Sign-up today using our online registration.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training
- Divisions:Aquatic Classes
- Phone:(954) 345-2121
-These courses will also include approximately 7 hours of online eLearning modules, that must be completed prior to attending the in-person classes.-
Pre-testing is required and will be available ay Mullins Poll on May 4 & 5 from noon to 4pm.
- May 17- 4 to 8pm
- May 18 - 10 am to 6pm
- May 19 - 10am to 6pm
Candidates for Lifeguard Training must meet the following prerequisites:
- This course is designed for ages 15 and older.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only
- Swim 300 yards continuously using front crawl, breaststroke,or a mix of each of them
- In 1 min 40 sec, swim 20 yards, then surface dive in water at least 7ft. deep to retrieve a 10 lb. object and return to surface; exit water without stairs or ladder.
- Must pass pre-test before registering.(Pretest can be taken at the Aquatic Complex Tuesday-Friday from 11 :30 a.m. -6:30 p.m.)
- Attendance is mandatory
Certification Includes latest American Red Cross Training for 2 years:
- Lifeguard Training
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer
- First Aid
- Preventing disease transmission
- Managing spinal injury
- Surveillance Techniques
- Use of rescue equipment for water rescues
- Swim assists
- Bleeding Control
Register at the Coral Springs Aquatic Complex
12441 Royal Palm Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33065 • 954-345-2121