Atlantic Blvd Bridge Rehabilitation
- Project typeBroward County Project
- Project scheduleWill conclude in December 2021
- Completion DateMay 10, 2021
Broward County Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division will be performing major bridge rehabilitation on County-owned twin bridges located on West Atlantic Boulevard over the West Outfall Drainage Canal (1/4 mile east of Coral Springs Drive) in the City of Coral Springs (refer to map). The project will begin on May 10, 2021 and will conclude in December 2021, barring any unforeseen conditions or weather delays.
The purpose of the project is to perform structural reinforcement of the bridge deck, upgrade bridge approach guardrail and railing, install new bridge joints, waterproofing membrane, asphalt and pavement markings, and upgrade sidewalks and curb ramps. To minimize construction impacts to the nearby businesses and residents, most of the work will occur underneath the bridge and during off-peak traffic hours.
- During construction, up to two lanes of traffic will be closed to vehicular traffic between 9AM and 4PM.
- Access to businesses, residences and sidewalks will be maintained.
- Variable message signs will be posted to warn affected motorists and pedestrians.
West Atlantic Boulevard, Coral Springs 33071 View Map