COVID-19 BUILDING DEPARTMENT UPDATE (5/18/20)
Walk-Thru Permitting is Suspended
Permits may be submitted electronically or dropped off.
Drop-off and Pick-up Boxes are located at the
south entrance at City Hall (9500 West Sample Road).
We cannot guarantee same-day online permitting.
Drop-off permits require a 3-day minimum to process.
One-Stop-Shop CLOSED Until Further Notice
Drop Box Hours are
Monday – Thurs 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Both Commercial & Residential Construction Permit Applications may be submitted either online (if applicable permit type) or by placing in our NEW Drop Box located inside the City Hall lobby.
Drop-off / Pick-up Instructions:
- Accepting New Permit Applications & Plans placed in sealed envelope or sealed packaging.
- Accepting Corrections, Revisions, Reports & Certificates placed in sealed envelope or sealed packaging. (Permit/Application Number must be written on envelope or packaging.)
- A permit tech will contact you when your permit is ready. Most payments and processes will be completed electronically. Permits that cannot be processed electronically, will be placed in the Pick-up Box located in the main lobby.
To Submit Online:
- Click here for a list of Permit Types accepted online.
- Click here to electronically apply for permits.
- Contractors are encouraged to submit applications & pay for permits online.
- Due to the COVID-19 crisis, your inspection is not guaranteed. Face masks must be worn indoors and outdoors, if the social distance of 6 ft. cannot be maintained. Your inspection may be cancelled to protect you and our staff from exposure.
For questions related to permitting, please call the Building Department at (954) 344-1025.
The Building Department provides customer friendly plan review, issuance of building permits, performance of field inspections, and issuance of certificates of occupancy to ensure conformance of construction in the City with governing building codes. Through these services, the City maintains high standards of building integrity and preserves neighborhood aesthetics, as well as property values.