COVID-19 BUILDING DEPARTMENT UPDATE (4/7/20)
Walk-Thru Permitting is Suspended
All permits can be submitted electronically or dropped in the Drop Box in front of City Hall. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee same-day permit issuance via electronic permitting nor via Drop Box.
One-Stop-Shop CLOSED Until Further Notice
Drop Box Hours are
Monday – Thurs 9:00am – 3:00pm
Friday 9:00am – 1:30pm
- Both Commercial & Residential Construction Permit Applications may be submitted either online (if applicable permit type) or by placing in our NEW Drop Box located inside the City Hall lobby.
Drop Box Instructions:
- Accepting New Permit Applications & Plans placed in sealed envelope or sealed packaging. (Permit/Application Number must be written on envelope or packaging.)
- Accepting Corrections, Revisions, Reports & Certificates placed in sealed envelope or sealed packaging. (Permit/Application Number must be written on envelope or packaging.)
To Submit Online:
- Click here for a list of Permit Types accepted online.
- Click here to electronically apply for permits.
- Contractors are encouraged to submit applications & pay for permits online.
- All interior residential building inspections on active permits on existing buildings are suspended. If you have an urgent need for an interior inspection, please contact the Chief for that disipline.
- Exterior building inspections will continue at this time (roofs, fences, driveways).
- Commercial business inspections will continue at this time.
- For questions related to permitting, please call the Building Department at (954) 344-1025.
The Building Department provides customer friendly plan review, issuance of building permits, performance of field inspections, and issuance of certificates of occupancy to ensure conformance of construction in the City with governing building codes. Through these services, the City maintains high standards of building integrity and preserves neighborhood aesthetics, as well as property values.