Due to system maintenance, online payments for Code Compliance cases, Business Tax, Fire Inspection fees, Landlord Registration, and Neighborhood Preservation fees cannot be submitted.
ALERT. Ramblewood East is under a boil water for 48-72 hours per Royal Utilities due to a water main break. Do not direct questions to our Communications Division, all inquires must be made with your water utility provider.

Home Based Businesses

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

A home occupation means an accessory use of a portion of a dwelling unit as a personal office or business by a resident of the dwelling only. Home occupations must be secondary to the use of the dwelling for residential purposes. No person other than individuals residing in the dwelling shall be engaged in the business.

There shall be no display of goods, machinery, equipment or any performance of work visible or audible from any street or adjoining property. There shall be no retail sales, repair, manufacturing or the storage of merchandise on the premises.

No home occupation shall occupy more than 25% of the total living area exclusive of garage or patio space. Approval to operate the business can generally be granted immediately. An Application for home based businesses must be completed and submitted in order to obtain a business tax receipt (formerly know as an occupational license).

Get the Application