Brief Guidelines For Coral Springs Sports Commission
Events Funding Program 2018-19
The Coral Springs Sports Commission was established by the City Commission to promote sporting events within the City. Its Mission Statement is: "To identify, attract and retain quality sporting events that will have a substantial positive economic impact on the community".
The Sports Commission administers the Event Funding Program to financially assist sporting events that must occur within the City limits. Groups that wish to request assistance for this funding should complete the attached application form. A Selection Committee will review the applications and make recommendations to the Sports Commission.
The City Commission will make the final decision for events to be funded in April 2019.
- Please read the application thoroughly prior to completing it.
- You must adhere to the deadline of Friday, March 29,2019 at 5 p.m. for submission of applications. Be sure to attach a copy of Certification of Incorporation as a business in the State of Florida.
- Recommendations will be made to the City Commission in April 2019.
- If your group receives money from this source, an officer of your corporation is required to sign this Agreement with the City. (The officer must have authority to sign on behalf of the Corporation.)
- Fifty percent of the funds will be issued within ten days of execution of the Agreement by both parties and the final check will be issued upon completion of the final reports to the City. Occupancy of hotel rooms must be verified by hotels and submitted with Exhibits prior to remainder of funding being processed.
- The reimbursable amount, if it applies, is to be submitted to the City within sixty (60) calendar days after the completion of the event.
Download Event Funding Application
Application Deadline is Friday, March 29, 2019 at 5 p.m.
If you have any questions, please call Linda Savasta at 954-345-2201