The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (formally know as HR218 )
The Coral Springs Police Department is offering retired law enforcement officers that reside in the State of Florida an opportunity to qualify under HR 218/H.B. 143, Chapter 2007-111.
Dates for 2018:
- Wednesday, December 12 at 10 a.m.(Session is full)
Dates for 2019:
- Wednesday, March 27 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 12 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 11 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 11 at 10 a.m.
Qualifications for retired law enforcement officers will be held at the
Training Assistant - Debbie Hamilton at 954-346-1746
Range Master - Bob Behan at 954-345-2224.
- Release & Waiver
- Firearms Range Rules & Regulations
- Retired Officer Request for Firearm Qualification
Directions to the Training Range
The firearms facility is located at 12151 Northwest 42nd Street, Coral Springs. From I-95 or the Turnpike exit at Sample Road (FL-834) and head west approximately 10 miles. Turn right at Coral Ridge Drive. Turn left at NW 41 Street. At the stop sign turn right onto NW 120 Ave. Then turn left onto NW 42 St. The firearms training facility is located at the end of the road through the gate. From the Sawgrass Expressway exit on Sample Road and head east. At the first light (Coral Ridge Dr) turn left. Follow the same directions.