The City of Coral Springs Public Art Program is currently holding Call to Artists for their bi-annual Temporary Sculpture Program. The Call is open to all professional artists nationwide.
The Call is entitled Sculpture on Sample/ArtWalk. The deadline is December 23, 2019.
The City has up to $49,000.00 for final purchase of artwork(s); each artist selected for loan will receive $2,000.00. up to 9 artworks may be selected for temporary display.
For more information, please visit Artist.CallForEntry.org.
Art: A Changing Exhibition
Deadline: December 9, 2019
Artist Fee: $20 Application Fee for 2 artworks
Awards: Best in Show will receive $200.00 and a Plaque
Installation/Artist Drop off Date: January 6, 2020
Exhibition Dates: January 7, 2020 – March 15, 2020
Artist Pick Up/De-stall Date: March 16, 2020
Reception/Award Ceremony: TBD
Location of Exhibition: City of Coral Springs Municipal Complex - First Floor Lobby, 9500 West Sample Road
Download: Art: A Changing Exhibition - PDF
The City of Coral Springs Public Art Program invites visual artists who reside in Broward County to submit artwork to be considered for inclusion in an exhibition on the first floor lobby of the Coral Springs Municipal Complex. This exhibit’s goal is to give all artists, amateurs to professionals, a chance to exhibit their work. Artists can enter up to two, two-dimensional artworks for selection. There is a size restriction of 30” x 24”, including frame. There is no theme for the exhibition. Nudity, political or religious statements will not be considered for this public exhibition venue.
This exhibition is open to all visual artists who are residents in Broward County with special preference to Coral Springs residents. Artists are not required to have been already published. High School and Middle School artists are encouraged. Artists are NOT eligible who are on the Public Art Committee or are employees of City and Museum.
Artists participating are require to sign a waiver of liability. The City of Coral Springs is not responsible for any damages caused to the artwork as a result of this exhibition. If the artist is under the age of 18, the artist’s guardian will be required to sign the waiver.
The selection process is managed by the Public Art Committee. The Public Art Committee is made up of volunteers who either reside or work in the City of Coral Springs and have been selected by the City Commission.
The following information must be placed on a disk or USB and mailed or hand delivered and arrive at the Coral Springs Municipal Complex at 9500 West Sample Road before 9 a.m. on December 9, 2019.
- Images of artworks proposed (maximum of 2 images).
- Each image should contain the artist’s title, medium, price, size and date. Artwork cannot exceed 30” x 24” in size, including frame.
- The $20.00 application fee must be in check form and made out to The Coral Springs Public Art Program. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Disks will not be returned.
All media welcome.
Artwork must be:
- Wired across the back for hanging purposes
- Finished on all sides or framed
- Painting reproductions/giclees not accepted.
CD Send or Deliver to:
Laura Atria, Public Art Program
Coral Springs Municipal Complex
9500 West Sample Road
Coral Springs, FL 33065
Contact: Laura AtriaOther Selection Issues:
Phone: (954) 344-1162 or 954-344-1114
Website for Public Art Program: www.coralsprings.org/publicart
Website for City of Coral Springs: www.coralsprings.org
- Florida “Sunshine Laws”: All meetings of the Committee are open to the public, are publicly advertised and are documented through written minutes.
- Conflict of Interest: Artists with immediate family or business partners on the selection committee are not eligible to apply. A selection committee member may choose to withdraw from discussion and voting for any apparent conflict of interest.
- Public Art Committee Contacts: Artist applicants should not contact Public Art Committee members between the release of the Call to Artists and the completion of the selection process. Contact the City of Coral Springs for all questions and information.
Coral Springs Public Art Program:
The program was established in 2003 and is funded by public art impact fees from private developers. Please review all artwork the City has purchased online and learn about the city at www.coralsprings.org/publicart and remember this Call to Artists is emphasizing the City of Coral Springs’ desire to display something that represents its young, family oriented community.