The Census is coming!
- The U.S. Constitution requires a Census every 10 years. Data is used for statistical purposes only.
- Everyone in your household on August 14, 2020 must be counted – only once and in the right place. Even if you are not a citizen of the U.S., if you are here you must be counted.
- You can submit your response on-line or over the phone until August 14th. Homes that have not responded will be visited by a Census employee starting June 1st.
Census data is used to distribute more than $675 billion per year for 10 years in federal and state funding for health and human service programs that help local families and individuals in need, including seniors and young people.
Participating In The Census Is Easier Than Ever
There are several ways you can return your Census form – the quickest and easiest way is online!
It’s easy, safe and it's confidential to respond to the census. It will only take a few minutes to complete the census survey – which will be available online for the first time.
- Online: Each household will receive a postcard with a personal code to complete the census online via computer or smart phone.
- By Phone: If you prefer, you will be able to call to complete the census by phone in 13 languages. Language guides will also be offered in 59 languages. Call the U.S. Census Bureau toll-free at 800-923-8282 (TTY 800-877-8339)
- By Mail: Call to request a hard copy form in over 59 languages to complete and return by Census day.
By law, the information cannot be shared with law enforcement, including Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, or the Internal Revenue Service. Title 13 is clear that the data collected can only be used for statistical purposes and your privacy is protected.
Have questions regarding the 2020 Census?
Contact: Alex Nonamaker @ 954.344.2362