The Coral Springs MLK Committee is proud to announce the 4th Annual MLK Monument Award which will be presented at the 2020 MLK Celebration on Friday, January 17, 2020 on stage at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts. For the past 30 years, the Coral Springs Martin Luther King, Jr. Committee, with the support of the City, has dedicated itself to living and perpetuating the dreams of Dr. King.
- To honor an individual or organization in Coral Springs who embodies the ideals of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Any individual who lives or works in the City of Coral Springs
- Any business or organization based in the City of Coral Springs
Note: Current city officials or candidates for public office are not eligible to apply or be nominated.
- Individuals, businesses or organizations may submit applications for themselves, or be nominated by others.
Nominees must demonstrate dedication to the Coral Springs community by giving of their time,talent or treasure in harmony with the ideals of Dr. King. They should embody qualities expressed in one or more of the Monument quotes listed below:
- Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a permanent attitude.
- Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.
- Faith is taking the first step, even when you don’t see the whole staircase.
- Courage faces fear and thereby masters it.
- We must all learn to live together as brothers - or we will all perish together as fools.
- The time is always right to do what is right.
- Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
- Let no man pull you so low as to hate him.
- True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.
- We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.
- Life’s most persistent and urgent question is: What are you doing for others?
- All nominees will be honored with a Certificate of Recognition at the MLK Celebration on Friday, January 17, 2020 whether in attendance or not. The Award recipient will be announced at the event in addition to also being recognized at a City Commission meeting.
Nominations for the 2020 Award Deadline:
Return completed nomination form which must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on
December 16, 2019
(whether mailed, submitted online or hand-delivered)
Attn: Sue Knight, Interim Community Relations Manager
City Hall: 9500 West Sample Road, Coral Springs, Florida 33065