|Strategic Plan||Our Form of Government||City Commission||Social Media|
To be the premier community in which to live, work, and raise a family.
Serving with Excellence, Innovation, and Integrity.
- Supportive: Provides encouragement and supports team members in a kind and trusting manner; listens and responds constructively to support other’s ideas; manages conflict.
- Communication: Is clear and concise when communicating; is open-minded and respectful; uses a positive tone and body language.
- Collaborative: Partners with other departments and customers to obtain the best possible solution; builds and sustains cooperative relationships.
- Supportive and Caring: Supports risk taking and removes barriers to encourage innovative new ideas; encourages unity; responds with empathy; delegates responsibility to staff and encourages them; recognizes initiative; is fair and consistent in treatment of employees.
- Committed to Organization: Fully committed to the success of the organization; models the City’s core values; ensures that employees understand how their work is important to the big picture.
- Change Management: Clearly communicates need for change; implements strategies for effecting and controlling change; prepares and supports employees in making organizational change and takes action to develop skills needed as a result of change.
- Develops Others: Creates a learning environment to ensure employees realize their highest potential; provides meaningful coaching and feedback, clear direction, and expectations.
- Consideration: Exhibits concern and consideration for others.
- Tolerance: Ability and willingness to accept another’s ideas and beliefs even if you they are different from your own.
- Gratitude: Shows appreciation early and often; expresses pleasure/thankfulness by what someone has done.
- Follows Through: Sees a task through to its completion; follows through on promises.
- Truthful: Tells facts that are true; can be trusted to be honest and sincere.
- Takes Ownership: Takes responsibility and ownership for decisions, actions and results (this may include personal well-being and cost-effective decision-making); accountable for how and what is accomplished; takes pride in their work.
- Transparent: Communicates how and why something occurs; operates in a way that creates openness and honesty; no hidden agendas creating collaboration, cooperation and collective decision making.
- Ethical: Treats others with civility; demonstrates behaviors that are morally right.
Superior Service (Customer Centric)
- Professional: Possesses self-control; shows respect at all times; is courteous, conscientious, reliable and competent.
- Patient: Great listener, empathetic, and attentive.
- Communication: Active listener, clear and concise, positive tone and body language; possesses great phone etiquette (i.e., transfers calls only once, uses person’s name).
- Knowledgeable: Resourceful, self-learner, confident without being condescending, accurate, share knowledge; provides the correct answer; trained/certified.
- Proactive: Anticipates customer needs by reading body language and responding professionally; offers alternatives to best meet customer needs; identifies real problem by asking appropriate questions.
- Creative Thinker: Thinks “outside of the box”; fresh perspective; pushes for new ideas; focused on improvements.
- Forward Thinker: Interested in change and progress; thinks of new ways to do things; open to change; plans for the future not just the present; thinks of new and fun ways to engage employees and residents.
- Dealing with Change: Responds to change with understanding and using a “problem-solving” approach; rapidly learns and uses new information; flexible and adaptable.
- Responsible City Government: Financially Sound City Providing Exceptional Services.
- City Investment in Today and Future: Upgrades City Infrastructure, Facilities and Parks.
- Downtown Becoming Vibrant: Creating a Sense of Place and a Destination.
- Growing Local Economy: Increased Business Investment and Jobs.
- Premier Community in South Florida: The Place for Families to Live in Great Neighborhoods.