Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
- eagleshaven.org - Local Wellness Center
- coralsprin.gs/2HrzgFa - Broward Connections Guidebook
- mentalhealth.gov - Lots of Important Material
- mentalhealth.va.gov - For Veterans
- nimh.nih.gov - National Institute of Mental Heath
- medlineplus.gov/mentalhealth.html - Health Information
- webmd.com/mental-health/mental-health-types-illness#1 - Conditions
1-800-273-8255 (TALK) - SuicidePreventionLifeLine.org
Remember, if anyone is harming themselves now or has just harmed themselves,
call 911 or take them to an emergency room immediately.
We remind parents and students the following local resources are available:
We encourage parents to speak to their children about mental health and suicide.
Parents seeking assistance can call 2-1-1 for suicide intervention,
those at risk can also text “FL” to 741-741 to immediately speak with a counselor.
|We have provided helpful links to assist you in speaking with your child and recognizing the signs your loved one may be struggling with thoughts of suicide:|