The City of Coral Springs is taking proactive steps to replace the City’s aging infrastructure:
Section 20 Water Service Replacement Project - December 2019
- The City of Coral Springs will be replacing the water service lines throughout your neighborhood in an effort to improve the water service. New water service lines including water meters will be installed within the City’s right-of-way.
University Dr. Water Main and Force Main Replacement Project
- The City of Coral Springs will be installing a new water main and replacing an existing force main on University Dr. from Sample Rd. to NW 40th Street. Project will start by the end of 2019.
Lift Station Rehabilitation Project
- The City of Coral Springs will be rehabilitating 5 sewer lift station, by replacing the existing concrete structures and removing and replacing electrical and mechanical equipment. Project will start by the end of 2019.
Sanitary Sewer Pipe Lining
- The City of Coral Springs will be rehabilitating various runs of Sanitary Sewer pipe. Lining shall be installed in existing pipe without the need of trenching. Project will start early 2020.
- Construction activities for the installation of new sidewalks will start October 14. Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sawgrass Expressway Canal Bank Restoration Phase 4 Construction Update
- Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise is scheduled to start the next phase of a Sawgrass Expressway canal bank restoration project. This project will repair and stabilize canal embankment slopes on the south side of Sawgrass Expressway.
- Phase 1 – Rock Island to State Road 7/US-441 - Completed
- Phase 2 – Rock Island to Riverside Drive - Completion date – February 2020
Sample Road Lighting
- This project will be managed (designed and constructed) by the County in consultation with the City of Coral Springs.
- Street Lighting from Coral Springs Dr. To University Drive will be relocated from the median to the south side of Sample Rd. Additional light fixtures will be added on North side. Project is currently under design. Tentative start date, TBD.
These projects will be managed by the Florida Department of Transportation. Broward County and the City of Coral Springs will be consulted throughout the design and construction phases with periodic updates to the City Commission:
- Wiles Road – University Drive to SR7 - completed in 2021:
- Coral Ridge Drive – Southgate Blvd. to Holmberg Road – Starting in 2021
These projects will be managed (designed and constructed) by FDOT in consultation with the City of Coral Springs:
- Rock Island Road – Sample Road to Wiles Road - Starting in 2020
- Turtle Creek Drive – SR7 to south of Sample (City boundary) - Starting in 2020
- University Drive – Sample Road to Sawgrass - Starting in 2023