The City of Coral Springs is taking proactive steps to replace the City’s aging infrastructure:
The City of Coral Springs has hired a contractor to resurface roads in the North Springs subdivision. Please see the attached map of affected neighborhood roads.
- Project will start on Monday May 4th
- Scheduled to be completed within 90 days
- Residents should have garbage cans and bulk trash out to the road Wednesday mornings by 7:00 a.m.
- Please do not park vehicles in the road.
- Public Works Streets Division – 954-345-2210
- In a continuing effort to provide our residents with superior water and wastewater service, the existing underground lines in the northbound lanes of North University Drive will be replaced from Sample Rd. to NW 40th Street. Project will start in Springs 2020 and will be completed in the Summer 2020.
- The City of Coral Springs will be replacing the water service lines throughout your neighborhood in an effort to improve the water service. New water service lines including water meters will be installed within the City’s right-of-way. Project is scheduled to start in Summer 2020 and will be completed by February 2021.
Lift Station Rehabilitation Project – Summer 2020
- The City of Coral Springs will be rehabilitating 5 sewer lift station, by replacing the existing concrete structures and removing and replacing electrical and mechanical equipment. Project will start in Spring 2020 and will be completed in Summer 2021.
Sanitary Sewer Pipe Lining
- The City of Coral Springs will be rehabilitating various runs of Sanitary Sewer pipe. Lining shall be installed in existing pipe without the need of trenching. Project will start early 2020.
- City’s Public Works Department will have a survey company working in the area over the next 2 months. See Attached Map
Sawgrass Expressway Canal Bank Restoration Phase 4 Construction Update
- Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise is scheduled to start the next phase of a Sawgrass Expressway canal bank restoration project. This project will repair and stabilize canal embankment slopes on the south side of Sawgrass Expressway.
Wiles Road Construction
- Phase II construction from Rock Island to Riverside Dr. is still going on until mid-July 2020
- Phase III construction from Riverside Dr. to NW 95th Ave. west of University Dr. has been postponed to October 2020.
Sample Road Lighting
- This project will be managed (designed and constructed) by the County in consultation with the City of Coral Springs.
- Street Lighting from Coral Springs Dr. To University Drive will be relocated from the median to the south side of Sample Rd. Additional light fixtures will be added on North side. Project is currently under design. Tentative Start June 2020.
SR 7/US 441 over SR 834/Sample Road Bridge Maintenance Project
- Located in the cities of Coconut Creek, Coral Springs and Margate, this project consists of painting the steel and concrete portions of the SR 7/US 441 northbound and southbound bridges (Bridge Nos. 860593 and 860644) over SR 834/Sample Road. View traffic impacts, click here.
- FPL will be conducting work to strengthen the main power line along a portion of Creekside Drive. Work extends into Coconut Creek, and the overall project is scheduled to begin June 1, 2020 and is expected to be completed by December 31, 2020. Letter to Customer
- FPL will start an infrastructure hardening project to strengthen the main power lines along Riverside Dr., between Wiles Road and Royal Palm Boulevard. Residents will experience minimum power interruptions during construction. Project is scheduled to be completed in December 2020.
Rock Island Mobility Project
In conjunction with the Broward Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) District Four will begin a project on May 26, 2020. for mobility improvements along Rock Island Road from SR 834/Sample Road to Wiles Road, with anticipated completion in Fall 2020.
Improvements include milling, resurfacing and widening to accommodate 5-foot bike lanes in each direction, upgrading the existing asphalt sidewalk with concrete sidewalk along the corridor, and upgrading the existing school crossing at NW 38th Court. One lane in each direction of Rock Island Road, from SR 834/Sample Road to Wiles Road, will be closed Monday through Friday, between 9:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. In addition, one outside lane along Rock Island Road from West Sample Road to NW 39 Street may be closed overnight, Monday through Friday between 3:30 p.m. and 9 a.m. While sidewalk closures will occur; pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.
- See the project flyer for more details.
- For project status updates and FDOT contacts: http://www.d4fdot.com/bcfdot/rock_island_mobility_project.asp
These Bike Lane projects will be managed by the Florida Department of Transportation. Broward County and the City of Coral Springs will be consulted throughout the design and construction phases with periodic updates to the City Commission:
- Wiles Road – University Drive to SR7 - to be completed in 2021:
- Coral Ridge Drive – Southgate Blvd. to Holmberg Road – Starting in 2021
These Bike Lane projects will be managed (designed and constructed) by FDOT in consultation with the City of Coral Springs:
- Turtle Creek Drive – SR7 to south of Sample (City boundary) - Starting in 2020
- University Drive – Sample Road to Sawgrass - Starting in 2023