The City of Coral Springs is taking proactive steps to replace the City’s aging infrastructure:
Section 20 Water Service Replacement Project -Summer 2019
- The City of Coral Springs will be replacing the water service lines throughout your neighborhood in an effort to improve the water service. New water service lines including water meters will be installed within the City’s right-of-way.
University Dr. Water Main and Force Main Replacement Project
- The City of Coral Springs will be installing a new water main and replacing an existing force main on University Dr. from Sample Rd. to NW 40th Street. Project will start by the end of 2019.
Lift Station Rehabilitation Project
- The City of Coral Springs will be rehabilitating 5 sewer lift station, by replacing the existing concrete structures and removing and replacing electrical and mechanical equipment. Project will start by the end of 2019.
- Work will begin July 8, 2019 and be substantially complete by August 13, 2019 barring any unforeseen conditions or weather delays. The Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division will be installing new asphalt and pavement markings along several segments of Riverside Drive near Atlantic Boulevard, Coral Ridge Drive and University Drive.
Sawgrass Expressway Canal Bank Restoration Phase 4 Construction Begins Soon
- Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise is scheduled to start the next phase of a Sawgrass Expressway canal bank restoration project the week of July 8. This project will repair and stabilize canal embankment slopes on the south side of Sawgrass Expressway.
- Construction begins September 11, 2017
In Broward County, construction begins September 11, 2017 and is expected to be completed in late 2019.
- Phase 1 – Rock Island to State Road 7/US-441 - Completed
- Phase 2 – Rock Island to Riverside Drive - Completion date – Spring 2020
These projects will be managed by the Florida Department of Transportation. Broward County and the City of Coral Springs will be consulted throughout the design and construction phases with periodic updates to the City Commission:
- Wiles Road – University Drive to SR7 - completed in 2021:
- Coral Ridge Drive – Southgate Blvd. to Holmberg Road – Starting in 2021
These projects will be managed (designed and constructed) by FDOT in consultation with the City of Coral Springs:
- Rock Island Road – Sample Road to Wiles Road - Starting in 2020
- Turtle Creek Drive – SR7 to south of Sample (City boundary) - Starting in 2020
- University Drive – Sample Road to Sawgrass - Starting in 2023