The City of Coral Springs is taking proactive steps to replace the City’s aging infrastructure:
- The City of Coral Springs will begin installing a new well and new raw water main in your neighborhood beginning Wednesday, October 3, 2018.
Riverside Dr. between NW 40th St. and NW 37th Drive
- The City of Coral Springs has been installed. Final paving of Riverside Drive will be completed by June 2019.
Section 20 Water Service Replacement Project -Summer 2019
- The City of Coral Springs will be replacing the water service lines throughout your neighborhood in an effort to improve the water service. New water service lines including water meters will be installed within the City’s right-of-way.
Pride Promoters Park
- Is partially closed, while contractors replace an existing raw water supply well. In an effort to ensure the public’s safety, please refrain from entering the park until further notice (expected re-open date is June 2019). Should you have any questions, please contact the City of Coral Springs Engineering Department at 954-345-2160
- Work will begin July 8, 2019 and be substantially complete by August 13, 2019 barring any unforeseen conditions or weather delays. The Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division will be installing new asphalt and pavement markings along several segments of Riverside Drive near Atlantic Boulevard, Coral Ridge Drive and University Drive.
Sawgrass Expressway Canal Bank Restoration Phase 4 Construction Begins Soon
- Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise is scheduled to start the next phase of a Sawgrass Expressway canal bank restoration project the week of July 8. This project will repair and stabilize canal embankment slopes on the south side of Sawgrass Expressway.
- Construction begins September 11, 2017
In Broward County, construction begins September 11, 2017 and is expected to be completed in late 2019.
- Phase 1 – Rock Island to State Road 7/US-441 - Completed
- Phase 2 – Rock Island to Riverside Drive - Completion date – Spring 2020
These projects will be managed by the Florida Department of Transportation. Broward County and the City of Coral Springs will be consulted throughout the design and construction phases with periodic updates to the City Commission:
- Wiles Road – University Drive to SR7 - completed in 2021:
- Coral Ridge Drive – Southgate Blvd. to Holmberg Road – Starting in 2021
These projects will be managed (designed and constructed) by FDOT in consultation with the City of Coral Springs:
- Rock Island Road – Sample Road to Wiles Road - Starting in 2020
- Turtle Creek Drive – SR7 to south of Sample (City boundary) - Starting in 2020
- University Drive – Sample Road to Sawgrass - Starting in 2023